Playing Back Footage from HDCS
To Play back footage from HDCS:
- Open the HDCS program and log in with your username and password.
- On the main page, click "Playback."
- Depending on your settings, you may have to click the plus sign at the top of the window. that will open a new tab.
- Once you are in the playback window, select the camera(s) you'd like to view footage from in the panel on the left side of the screen.
- When your cameras are selected, go to the calendar section on the bottom left hand side and select the date and time range you'd like to see.
- Click "search.”
- The program will take a moment to find the footage, and a green or yellow line will appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the time you'd like to view footage from and the program will start playing back footage from that time.
to export footage from HDCS:
- Once you have found the footage you'd like to export, go back to the beginning of the footage and click the scissor icon on the bottom left. this will mark the current time on the footage as the start of the export.
- Using the red lines on the time bar, select the end time of the footage. you can also change the beginning if necessary.
- When you have selected the footage to export, click the scissor icon again, and a download window will appear.
- Click "Browse" and select the location on your PC you'd like to save the footage.
- Under export format, select "MP4."
- Click save.
- An export progress window will appear. Once the export has finished, you can navigate on your computer to the file you selected for your footage and you will have a video file that can be played on any computer or mobile device. Deleting this video or moving it will have no effect on the footage from your DVR. If you need to, you can export the same footage an unlimited number of times.
For additional details and information on other aspects of the program, the full HDCS user manual from Honeywell is attached to this article.
Honeywell HDCS User Manual.pdf